Clean air delivery rate (CADR)
- 400 cubic feet per minute for dust
- 435 cubic feet per minute for smoke
- 435 cubic feet per minute for pollen
Only Blueair air purifiers use HEPASilent™ technology, delivering maximum filtration with minimum noise. This dual filtration technology pioneered by Blueair combines electrostatic charging of particles and mechanical filtration along with a unique filter designed to produce more clean air, cleaning your air much faster and more quietly than traditional HEPA filtration alone.
Designed for extra-large spaces, this unit filters the air in a 674 square foot space in about 12.5 min (4.8 air changes per hour, the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers recommended removal rate) or up to 3,235 square feet in one hour on high speed, to effectively lower particle levels and maintain a comfortable environment in large spaces like your oversized family room, basement and open concept areas.
This Protect air purifier combines HEPASilent Ultra™, Germshield™ and SpiralAir™ technologies.
HEPASilent Ultra™ is a combination of mechanical and electrostatic filtration, which ensures particle removal and gas reduction. Compared to the HEPASilent technology, the new Ultra™ technology combines an optimized fan system, optimized electrostatic filtration and an improved filter.
GermShield™ technology provides kills 99% of germs caught by the filter. When on standby, a gentle stream of air proactively monitors conditions and prevents growth on the filters, even when the air purifier is not in use.
SpiralAir™ outlets are uniquely engineered to deliver 360°, omnidirectional airflow, unlike other air purifiers that only push clean air to a small part of the room. The quickly circulating air means that you can breathe clean air wherever you are in the home.
Other advanced features include:
- Wi-Fi connectivity for App and voice enabled real-time control. The Blueair app allows you to monitor your home's air quality and adjust the settings remotely with your smartphone, tablet, Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant enabled device.
- Advanced sensors that keep track of the levels of coarse particles (PM10) like dust, pollen, mold spores, and ash and fine particles (PM2.5 and PM1) like smoke, viruses and bacteria. If pollutant levels creep up, the Blueair app will track the air purifier's progress with real-time 'ETA' updates until the air is clean. In Auto mode, the Protect air purifier automatically increases fan speed when pollution levels rise and slows it down when the air is clean again.
- A premium LCD screen that gives detailed updates on your air quality, including the concentrations of different sized particles, VOC levels, temperature and humidity. A smart RFID chip in the filter tracks your real-time filter usage to let you know what percentage of filter life you have left.
- Adjustable air purifier settings including three airflow speeds, child lock, night mode schedule, and LED brightness. The innovative 'Welcome Home' feature uses geo-fencing technology via the Blueair app to put the air purifier into standby mode when you leave the house and turn it back on again as you approach home.
- Hidden wheels allow you to easily move the air purifier anywhere in the room. Power cord can be adjusted to the perfect length with a convenient winder.
Recommended room size 674 square feet (25' x 27') for 4.8 Air changes per hour
33.9"H x 13.4"W x 13.4"D | 43.2lbs
Sound level: 25 - 53 dB(A)
Recommended filter change: Every 6 - 12 months depending on your environment.
Five-year limited warranty